help for yet another noobie!?!?!?

Last Updated:

1. NSW22

NSW22 Member This Topic's Starter

Can anyone plz help me with what app to download to get music and ringtones for the cappy??? I just bought 2 of em today for my gf and myself. and i really want some damn good ringtones that are
    FREE lol!!! :D

Advertisement
  2. Rhiannon224

Rhiannon224 Well-Known Member

Ringdroid, free in the market. You can create your own custom ringtones with the music in your libaray.

3. NSW22

SOOOOOO plz go easy on me lol.... Where can i get music to put on my phone to make the ringtones?? The sd card is saying "no application supports this action" on the music i already have. soooo imma start from scratch.. Need music now since i know how to get the ringtones :D

4. Rhiannon224

Rhiannon224 Well-Known Member

Do you have an external card in your phone with music on it? First go into settings click on USB setttings and set to mass storage then connect your phone to your computer via USB then drop and drag music files to your external card. You can always buy music on Amazon.

5. NSW22

ok im in the settings on my captivate and i am not seeing one thing bout USB SETTINGS!?!? WTH man i have never hand any probs with ne phone. i figure all this crap out but for some reason ringtones and music are not workin for me on this phone?? I love the phone tho on a side note lol. What should i do??

6. NSW22

sh*t i found it lol

7. XTheEnthusiastX

XTheEnthusiastX Active Member

You should try MP3 Download Lite. It's free in the market and will let you download full songs for the low low price of FREE! (I believe it works similarly to Limewire, but on your PHONE, no computer needed! :eek:) If you are against music sharing then you will have to buy music another way, but the app must be somewhat legal since it's still in the Android Market :D.

8. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Not true. There are plenty of apps that promote illegal activities (such as copyright infringement) that remain in the Android Marketplace.

9. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

I'm fine with discussing apps in the Market but...some apps have a "Terms of Service" that covers the developer's rear ends in the case that someone uses the app inappropriately (which can be as simple as not deleting audio files when finished listening to them). Please make sure we do not go down a road in this thread discussing copyright infringement ;) It may be a fine line...but there is a line.

Just did some checking and v4.91 of this app says copyright protection is fixed (whatever that means :rolleyes:).

I'm not convinced that this app is "legal" but it's in the market so I have to trust Google unless otherwise directed.

If you like music, you should purchase the music to support the artist in my opinion...nuff said.

If you are noticing apps in the market that promote illegal activities, then you should "Flag as inappropriate" within the Market application (listed on the same page where you would elect to download the application).