HELP Forgot Password and can't unlock phone!!!

1. RootDaDuck

RootDaDuck Active Member

HTC Droid Incredible running Froyo 2.2 (Custom ROM, forgot the exact name but nothing to spectacular)

I forgot my numeric password to my phone. I do not get the option to put in my gmail user id and password, and i dont know how i would reset my password! (have tried over 100 times and I do not get the option to use gmail user id and password.

However, I have full root access, as well as ADB (running unrevoked forever)

Can someone help me out and reset my password?

Advertisement
  2. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

Try turning your phone off for 10 minutes, then turning it back on, otherwise I don't know, sorry
  3. RootDaDuck

RootDaDuck Active Member

i cant access settings.db in /data/data/.... (folder doesnt exist) so im just wiping it

damit!
  4. Ohsavannah

Ohsavannah New Member

I can't figure out how unlock mine -_- one of my friends changed my password on me. So i don't knw what it is. I can't do a master reset because i have way too many important things on there. i need help
  5. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

Use your gmail account and password to reset... if you don't know that you will have to do a factory reset.
  6. Ohsavannah

Ohsavannah New Member

It does not ask me for my gmail password and account id.
  7. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

It should ask you after 10 failed attempts, the only other option is a factory reset.
  8. Ohsavannah

Ohsavannah New Member

okay than you very much
  9. JayMonque

JayMonque New Member

How Do You Factory Reset Your Phone?
  10. JayMonque

JayMonque New Member

How Do You Factory Reset Your Phone?
  11. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

Turn off the phone(pull the battery if necessary) hold down the volume DOWN key, continue to hold while pressing the power button.. select the factory reset option.