Help!!!!! Freaking out!!!!!!!!!!!

Last Updated: 2012-10-09 12:31:18
  1. thatasiankid

thatasiankid New Member

So this evening I turned on my Samsung Galaxy S 4G the screen was all messed up. The bottom 2/3 was black with a couple rainbow specks here and there. The top 1/3 was kind of working I could see my phone screen and stuff but it was a darkish yellow shade instead of my background of light blue. I don't know whether it was that I dropped my phone or like got it wet. My friend said something about the touch screen pushing down and I had to pop it back into place. I'm freaking out because my parents will kill me!!!!!!!

Advertisement
  2. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor

Sounds like a defect, bring it back and see what they say.
  3. thatasiankid

thatasiankid New Member

Yeah I'll take it to the T-Mobile store tomorrow and see what they say.
  4. spagman72

spagman72 Well-Known Member

Do you have a custom rom/kernel on it?
    I've seen similar issues like this with custom kernels /roms... Once I flashed stock it fixed it.
  5. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Might have some bad news here. Sounds like exactly the same thing happen with my Galaxy S. Top bit of screen visible, rest was dark except for a few lit pixels.

You'll more than likely find the screen is cracked. A new screen is rather expensive as well. Mine wasn't dropped, but it was in my pocket and we were moving furniture around, so it might have got dinged or squashed. It was cheaper for me to buy a new phone, than to get the Galaxy S repaired.
  6. thatasiankid

thatasiankid New Member

Today I turned my phone on and there was no display at all. It was all black but I could hear the startup sound and button pressing. The bottom "buttons" were lit up white. I can't seen any cracks on the phone. I was carrying my phone around in my pocket the whole day so I might have done something bad to it.
  7. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

I'd at least take it back and see what they say though as they might know what's gone wrong with the phone and can at least give you some advice.