HELP! G1 with missing android marketGeneral

Last Updated:

1. munimescudi

munimescudi New Member This Topic's Starter

my friend just gave me his g1 and I got into the phone with ease it works fine but then I noticed that there was no android market. I looked for the icon I hard reset the phone. I've done everything I can think of is there anyone who can help me I would greatly appreiciate it.

Advertisement
  2. fratermus

fratermus Well-Known Member

Try making a shortcut manually (ie, see if it shows up in the list of icons to add).

Maybe he put a custom ROM on there and didn't finish the job? What version is this G1 runnning? I think the highest official ROM is 1.6.

3. kmbrown3

kmbrown3 Member

I'm having the same issue, no Market on the G1...phone is kinda boring w/out it....any other suggestions?

4. fratermus

Well, no one has posted what version of Android they're running so I can't help narrow it down more.

5. kmbrown3

kmbrown3 Member

I'm running 1.6

6. fratermus

If there is a market entry under Settings | Applications I'd clear data and see if that helps. If not, I think the next step is to reset the phone:
    Settings | SD card & phone storage | Factory data reset

If you have an option to back up the phone before the reset that would be useful. Caveat: I think you have to reassociate with your Google account after the reset.