• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help help! galaxy note deleted all internet bookmarks!

danismell

Lurker
Aug 29, 2012
hi my galaxy note randomly deleted my interent bookmarks and replaced them with the standard ones that come with the new phone (bbc, cnn etc). how can i get my bookmarks back? i didn't have them backed up anywhere and i didnt do a reset or a cache clear so this shouldnt have happened! help!

hi my galaxy note randomly deleted my interent bookmarks and replaced them with the standard ones that come with the new phone (bbc, cnn etc). how can i get my bookmarks back? i didn't have them backed up anywhere and i didnt do a reset or a cache clear so this shouldnt have happened! help!

Check this app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...1bGwsMSwxLDEsImZhaHJib3QuYXBwcy51bmRlbGV0ZSJd
You can restore the deleted files but not sure whether you can restore the bookmarks
You need to be rooted to use this app

Upvote 0
I tried all of the prescribed remedies with no luck.

-I tried killing the safari app.
-I tried killing ALL of the running apps.
-I tried turning off/on the iPhone.
-I tried a hard restart.

No luck.

So after basically giving up, I decided to turn on iCloud backup for Safari so that if this happened again, I could at least hopefully retrieve my bookmarks from iCloud.

After doing this, all of my bookmarks that I had on my OLD phone before restoring to the new one reappeared. :-D

So I don't know if this maybe all had to do with the iCould setting on the new phone being set incorrectly by the Genius at the Apple store, or if it's just a weird bug, or what. But turning on iCloud backup for Safari worked for me in restoring my bookmarks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones