help! galaxy s2 wont startSupport

Last Updated: 2014-03-20 10:37:50
  1. 24HR44

24HR44 Member

My phone was working it showed low battery, and i plugged it for charging, when I checked again it was turned off so I tried to turn it on but it didnt, it shows the (samsung galaxy s2 gt-i9100) screen and then nothing happens.

I tried removing the battery, the sim and sd card and turned it on again, still the same problem.

I dont have any backup and I dont want to lose my data, any idea of what shall I do? my phone is unrooted shall I try rooting it?

I have android v4.1.2

Advertisement
  2. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

Can you get into recovery mode (volume up, power and home) or download mode (volume down, power and home)
  3. 24HR44

24HR44 Member

I think I have nand rw corruption & i cant access recovery mode.
    And I tried odin mode but it fails to load the kernal
    What shall I do?
    Also now its not charging and last time i tried to turn it on it showed caution triangle after (samsung galaxy s2 gt-i9100)
  4. Shotgun84

I'd try reflashing your stock firmware with Odin. You can get your firmware from here
    Firmwares | SamMobile
  5. 24HR44

24HR44 Member

ok thanks, I downloaded it and will try it again now
  6. 24HR44

24HR44 Member

It failed, what shall I do? :(
    Am I doing it right?

[​IMG]
  7. Shotgun84

A few things to try are to make sure kies isn't running I'm the background, change the usb cable/socket and try a different firmware.
  8. 24HR44

24HR44 Member

I checked the task manager before starting and its not running, i'll try changing the socket and cable now.
  9. 24HR44

24HR44 Member

Just to make sure I'm doing it right

I open odin
    plug the phone
    when the ID:COM appears I choose the pda file
    after seeing this message (leave cs) I hit start
  10. Shotgun84

Yeah that's right. Can I just confirm that you're in download mode. Volume down, home and power and then volume up to continue.
  11. 24HR44

24HR44 Member

Yes I'm in download mode..
    I tried changing the socket and the cable and its the same..
    what firmware shall I try?

[​IMG]
  12. Shotgun84

13. 24HR44

24HR44 Member

Thanks! I'm downloading it now.. Its gonna take a while I guess
  14. 24HR44

24HR44 Member

failed...
    I removed kies just in case its causing the problem!
  15. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

For a step-by-step guide with video on flashing stock firmware, see #1.7 of the Jelly Bean update - Dummies Guide. Also, as mentioned in the guide, ensure that you have enabled, "USB debugging", in Settings before attempting to flash firmware via Odin.
  16. 24HR44

24HR44 Member

I didnt enable debugging mode and I dont think its enabled by default.
    Is there a way to fix my phone?
  17. ironass

If you are unable to use Odin to re-flash a stock firmware and you cannot boot into Recovery mode for a Factory Reset, then your options I fear are limited to a Samsung Service Point for a repair.
  18. sabisabi63

sabisabi63 Member

I have the same problem as 24HR44 this morning. I have tried soft and hard reset. and the odin one..... once it reboot, it just stays on the samsung logo screen. i cant even plug it into the computer wont recognise the deivce anymore.
    it did a software upgrade yestereday and since then this..... dont know what else to do. and am not very techo with these.
  19. ironass

Hello and welcome to Android Forums sabisabi63! :)

Sorry to learn of your problems after updating.

Ca I just confirm that you cannot get into either Recovery mode...

How to: Samsung Galaxy S2 recovery mode - YouTube

or Download mode...

How to Boot Samsung Galaxy S2 in Download Mode.mp4 - YouTube

If you can get into Download mode, are you able to connect to the Samsung PC Suite, Kies, which contains the drivers for connecting to your PC?

Kies | SUPPORT | SAMSUNG UK
  20. 24HR44

24HR44 Member

ironass likes this.
  21. 24HR44

24HR44 Member

I'm trying another firmware and old version of odin and its taking a while at the same point (nand write start) is that normal? or its just stuck?
  22. sabisabi63

sabisabi63 Member

I cannot get into Kies, the usb will not connect
  23. sabisabi63

sabisabi63 Member

I have done a recovery mode, and it still only stays in the logo screen... :(
  24. sabisabi63

sabisabi63 Member

Cannot get into Kies, will not recognise the usb connection now, revocery has been done several times as instructed by Samsung on the phone, still just goes to the samsung logo screen.
    thanks for your input. frustrated with it. :(
  25. sabisabi63

sabisabi63 Member

Cannot get into Kies, will not recognise the usb connection now, recovery has been done several times as instructed by Samsung on the phone, still just goes to the samsung logo screen.
    thanks for your input. frustrated with it. :(