• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help help! galaxy s2 wont start

24HR44

Feb 22, 2013
My phone was working it showed low battery, and i plugged it for charging, when I checked again it was turned off so I tried to turn it on but it didnt, it shows the (samsung galaxy s2 gt-i9100) screen and then nothing happens.

I tried removing the battery, the sim and sd card and turned it on again, still the same problem.

I dont have any backup and I dont want to lose my data, any idea of what shall I do? my phone is unrooted shall I try rooting it?

I have android v4.1.2

It failed, what shall I do? :(
Am I doing it right?

<ID:0/010> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I9100XWLSD_I9100OJVLS6_I9100XXLS8_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/010> Odin v.3 engine (ID:10)..
<ID:0/010> File analysis..
<ID:0/010> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/010> Initialzation..
<ID:0/010> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/010> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/010> boot.bin
<ID:0/010> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/010> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

L5W2U6K.png

Upvote 0
For a step-by-step guide with video on flashing stock firmware, see #1.7 of the Jelly Bean update - Dummies Guide. Also, as mentioned in the guide, ensure that you have enabled, "USB debugging", in Settings before attempting to flash firmware via Odin.
I didnt enable debugging mode and I dont think its enabled by default.
Is there a way to fix my phone?

Upvote 0
Can you get into recovery mode (volume up, power and home) or download mode (volume down, power and home)
I have the same problem as 24HR44 this morning. I have tried soft and hard reset. and the odin one..... once it reboot, it just stays on the samsung logo screen. i cant even plug it into the computer wont recognise the deivce anymore.
it did a software upgrade yestereday and since then this..... dont know what else to do. and am not very techo with these.

Upvote 0
I have the same problem as 24HR44 this morning. I have tried soft and hard reset. and the odin one..... once it reboot, it just stays on the samsung logo screen. i cant even plug it into the computer wont recognise the deivce anymore.
it did a software upgrade yestereday and since then this..... dont know what else to do. and am not very techo with these.

Hello and welcome to Android Forums sabisabi63! :)

Sorry to learn of your problems after updating.

Ca I just confirm that you cannot get into either Recovery mode...

How to: Samsung Galaxy S2 recovery mode - YouTube

or Download mode...

How to Boot Samsung Galaxy S2 in Download Mode.mp4 - YouTube

If you can get into Download mode, are you able to connect to the Samsung PC Suite, Kies, which contains the drivers for connecting to your PC?

Kies | SUPPORT | SAMSUNG UK

Upvote 0

or Download mode...

If you can get into Download mode, are you able to connect to the Samsung PC Suite, Kies, which contains the drivers for connecting to your PC?

Cannot get into Kies, will not recognise the usb connection now, revocery has been done several times as instructed by Samsung on the phone, still just goes to the samsung logo screen.
thanks for your input. frustrated with it. :(

Upvote 0

or Download mode...

Cannot get into Kies, will not recognise the usb connection now, recovery has been done several times as instructed by Samsung on the phone, still just goes to the samsung logo screen.
thanks for your input. frustrated with it. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones