• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help Google Services is destroying my battery!

thehaze

Lurker
Nov 25, 2010
By Bell Nexus had over 24 hrs battery life with normal usage since December until this week when Google Services started popping up in the battery summary with the included packages: Google Services Framework, Google Account Manager, Google Bookmarks Sync, Network Location and Google Contacts Sync. It's also the culprit for over 175MB of data usage in 5 days.

I've deleted any apps downloaded in last two weeks and all location services are off. Can't figure out what has changed!

Please help my battery life has been cut in half!

Check out the link in my signature. Read the post about using better battery stats to identify which service is the real culprit. I found a Google backup sync that was running for 11 hours one night. I ended up disabling that feature.

+1 on better battery. I found the same thing. The sync options for google sometimes get stuck and a reboot helps, but I found that I can turn off the sync for the things I don't use like books etc. Good luck.

Upvote 0
please help me..... my nexus just switched off while i was typing a message this morning and it can't switch back on. it is looping the google screen it has at the switch on process and it sticks some lines come across screen and then it loops again. i pulled out battery but no help. i' not very technically minded but any ideas would be great. tried to connect to comp but it won't recognise the phone:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Upvote 0
please help me..... my nexus just switched off while i was typing a message this morning and it can't switch back on. it is looping the google screen it has at the switch on process and it sticks some lines come across screen and then it loops again. i pulled out battery but no help. i' not very technically minded but any ideas would be great. tried to connect to comp but it won't recognise the phone:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Check the root forum. You're in what is called a boot loop. Someone there will either tell you how to fix it or someone else will have already posted the same question.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones