• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help: gTablet does not respond to power button

cheerful

Lurker
Mar 26, 2011
My gTablet refused to turn on (not responding to power button). I've cracked open the back and press the reset the button. It boots up but won't respond to touch screen, soft button or hard buttons. I reset it a few times and about to give up. Then I put the back cover half-on (not snapped), it somehow worked. It responds to hard button, soft buttons and touch screen.

I felt lucky but want to try more. So I reboot it. Now, it only respond to the hard buttons, but not soft buttons or touch screen. Feeling I no longer need the reset the button, I snapped the back cover on. Now it goes dead again.

I'd guess some loose wires or connection. But I don't have much clue what to look for. Can anyone help?

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones