1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Help guys. Cant make calls or recieve call anymore!Support

1. Forgiven319

Forgiven319 Member

Please help me guys. As of yesterday, My Droid X wont make calls or recieve calls anymore. When i try to call a number it doesnt even ring or anything. when someone tries to call me the phone doesnt ring either. What did i do wrong?. Everything else is working fine. I know i did the update yesterday and downloaded some apps. Should i return the phone for a new one. Thanks.

P.S. Should i try doing a factory reset? How do i do this? Will it erase everything including my contacts? Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. HalfFrozen

HalfFrozen Well-Known Member

Pay your bill? :p

Did you mess with any settings?
  3. Forgiven319

Forgiven319 Member

LOL. The Bill is paid bro. All other Verizon phones are working and we are on the family plan. Yes i messed with my settings yesterday. Could i have messes something up. Please help. Thanks.
  4. HalfFrozen

Well depending on what you did in the setting menu could have made it to where you are unable to receive calls? I don't know, wasn't with you when you changed settings.. :p

IDK but maybe your in Airplane mode?(never used it, don't know what it does)
  5. Forgiven319

Forgiven319 Member

OK I'm not in airplane mode. Is there a setting that can actually disable the phone so you cant make or recieve calls?. Thanks
  6. HalfFrozen

You are sure when you go to Settings/Wireless Network none of those settings have a check mark?
  7. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

Did you try power cycling?

Have you tried a factory reset?
  8. Forgiven319

Forgiven319 Member

Only the Wifi is checked. The Airplane mode is off. Thanks.
  9. Forgiven319

Forgiven319 Member

I tried tunring it off than back on again. How do i do a factory reset?. Will it erase my phone contacts? thanks
  10. Cerrian

Cerrian Member

Are you still able to receive and transmit via 3G? Be sure you turn off your WiFi before you test.
  11. HalfFrozen

Do what NKT said...
  12. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

Yes, it will erase all data on the device. Make sure your contacts are synced to Google before performing a factory reset.
  13. verdegallardo

verdegallardo Well-Known Member

Do you have ATK installed or startup auditor or something and maybe killed a system process?
  14. Forgiven319

Forgiven319 Member

Woohooo. My phone is now working. All of a sudden it just works now. I didnt have to reset it. All i did was turn the Wifi off and test the 3G and now it works. Its back on Wifi now and the phone still works. wonder what could have been the problem. I want to thank everyone for taking the time to help me with my problem. Much appreciated. I Love this Phone! Thanks again everyone!