• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help, helixlauncher borked the phone

LaFlavor

Feb 8, 2010
So, I really like Helix launcher...when it works.

Reflashed my phone this morning, installed helixlauncher, and now since I was an idiot and told it to be the default home the first time, I'm in a force close loop.

Is there a safe mode or anything to boot into, where I can remove this, or do I have to reflash all over again from scratch?

I had the same problem. All you have to do is catch a second where you can hit the Menu button on your phone, then go to Applications and Manage Applications. Go to Helix and it will say that it is the default for some actions, and you can clear that. Hit Home again, and it will ask you which program to use.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem. All you have to do is catch a second where you can hit the Menu button on your phone, then go to Applications and Manage Applications. Go to Helix and it will say that it is the default for some actions, and you can clear that. Hit Home again, and it will ask you which program to use.

I tried, but it was force closing so quickly, there was no way to get anywhere. Couldn't even bring up the menu.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones