Help help help help

1. mdonova33

mdonova33 Well-Known Member

Please help i reverted to HBOOT .92 to install one of adryenalynes roms and now it boot to the bootloader every time please help me

Advertisement
    :
  2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Did you try going into recovery and nand restore? Did you make a backup prior to the flash?
  3. mdonova33

Nice. Thanks a crapload. Fixed it, so now when i try to flash adrenylynes 4th wave, it says i have hboot .92, it wont let me install, says the files is "bad". Help me out again!
  4. iowabowtech

Can you give a few more details. What is saying the file is bad? Where exactly are you seeing that message?
  5. mdonova33

When I click on the zip to flash it, it either says signiture was not verified, or error: zip (bad)

It only says this on the new froyo roms. For example, Adryenylnes 2nd Wave ROM works like a charm, but his 3rd and 4th Wave ROMS have the error.
  6. jdkoreclipse

jdkoreclipse Well-Known Member

It reads something like
    E: Cant open the zip (bad)
    E: Installation Aborted (Status7)
  7. mdonova33

Thats is EXACTLY what it says.
  8. iowabowtech

You aren't accidentally choosing the update.zip option in Clockwork are you? Instead of the install zip from sd card, and then choose zip?
  9. jdkoreclipse

That could be it, too....but thats the first time i have EVER heared of that proiblem...........................Thats why i stick with Amon_RA
  10. mdonova33

Nope thats not it. What is everything i need to flash it? .92 Hboot, 2.15 radio, anything else?
  11. iowabowtech

I'm beginning to worry slightly about that hboot flash. Was it the one from Adrynalyne?

Not that this really matters necessarily but what version were you on prior? 0.77? And you were evidenly S-off right?
  12. jdkoreclipse

Try the RUU again...sometimes bootloaders install crappily (if thats a word) and you are stuck in the bootloader....i provided a more detailed exlpanation in your other thread
  13. mdonova33

No idea what version, but i know have .92 from Adrynalyne. S is indeed off.
    What the hell is up with my phone!
  14. jdkoreclipse

your hbooot probably had a shitty install
  15. mdonova33

hmmm..the thing that makes me think is that I can flash Adrenalynes 2nd wave ROM, but now his 4th....i must be missing something...
  16. jdkoreclipse

I had a similar problem flashing the .77 leaked MFGR bootloader over at xda.....and CM6 saved me :D
  17. mdonova33

18. mdonova33

No new froyo rom works, example fourth wave, and even the new stock froyo. It says the zip is bad. HBOOT is .92, and everything i need to install the new froyo roms is there. Please help.
  19. iowabowtech

How about throwing a Rom onto a different SD card and give it a shot. Got any others you could use if only temporarily? It'd be nice to rule out the card before you start taking more drastic measures. Maybe I should have asked this first...have you tried loading any Roms directly from Rom Manager?
  20. mdonova33

Doesnt work from another SD card, and ROM Manager doesnt load them either. I'm getting worried...
  21. kkl1993

kkl1993 Well-Known Member

well you should just try and downgrade your hboot back to .77 and your rado to 1.0.3.xxx and restart from there.
  22. iowabowtech

In Clockwork > Install zip from SD card > Toggle signature verification

Is yours set to on or off? If it's on, change it to off.

Seems like the failure using Rom Manager might squelch that theory but before you get too far into this, might be worthy of a quick check.
  23. mdonova33

When its on, it says signiture verification failed. When its off, its says its a bad zip. :(
  24. iowabowtech

1.) Can you successfully unzip any of the failed zips on your PC without getting an error?

2.) Is your SD card full by any chance? No room to unzip?

BTW, anybody know what partition Clockwork unzips Rom files to prepare for install?

Edit: I guess #2 is unlikely since you tried a second card. Nevermind that one. Just to be sure though, your card is being recognized by the phone right... I.E. you can browse card contents?
  25. mdonova33

Yeah evrything checks out...im really stuck here.