Help Help Help....LG Thrill 4G Not Switching back ON After "LGMobile Support Tool" Stopped WorkingSupport

1. medoid

medoid Member

Need Urgent Help------
    I have LG thrill 4g and as i was updating it through LGMobile Support Tool...it downloaded 420 MB ....and as i was updating it from FROYO to Gingerbread....after downloading complete 420 MB as it was updating and it reached to 13%...after that i got an error message "LGMobile Support Tool has stopped Working" and this process was stopped and fron that time my LG thrill is not switching on....please tell me how can i make it Work...how can i switch it on ???? its not switching even after i removed battery for long hours...and when i plug the USB cable it detects on computer but not switching on....
    "It still DETECTS USB on Computer and shows in Connected Mode on LGMobile Support Tool but it does not Switch On"

Advertisement
    :
  2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Hello and welcome to the forums - thanks for joining!

I am not familiar with your phone... is the LGMobile Support Tool something that comes direct from LG? You may need to speak directly with LG if so, as I am sure they would be able to either repair it or offer a replacement.

It could be worth checking in the sub-forum for your device (LG Thrill 4G - Android Forums) to see if other users are able to help you out... or perhaps one of the other staffers has some experience with LG phones.
  3. medoid

medoid Member

yes,LGMobile Support Tool is an official tool from LG
    i took my LG to the nearest sevice centre
    as i bought this device from U.S.A and i am currently in INDIA,so they are not accepting it....
    so please tell me how can i make it work from my HOMe???
  4. D-U-R-X

As I said, I am not familiar with your phone... perhaps one of the other guides or a Mod may be able to help you... if not, then it could also be worth checking in the sub-forum for your device (as linked above).

I am sure that we will do all possible to help you out though :)
  5. medoid

medoid Member

ok can u tell me the procedure to root it??
    step by step??
  6. D-U-R-X

7. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

Yes, this would be better served in the phone forum or its corresponding rooting forum. :)

The staff themselves, while they do the best they can to help, aren't a support staff typically.

Would you like to repost there and leave this one here in case another staff member who can help sees it, or would you like one of us to move this thread for you?
    D-U-R-X likes this.
  8. medoid

medoid Member

please move this thread
    i will be very thankful to u
    and after moving it
    please give the link to that page
  9. D-U-R-X

Done and done ;)
  10. medoid

medoid Member

where can i see this??
    where did u moved??
  11. D-U-R-X

I sent a link to this thread in a PM - the fact that you have posted means that you can see it.

I have moved it from Private Chat with Staff to the LG Thrill 4G sub-forum (if you look at the top of the thread, you will see that it is now in the open forums, where other members will be able to see it (and hopefully reply)).
  12. medoid

medoid Member

ok so now i made it switch on
    so can u tell me how to install CUstom Gingerbread on it???
    i want a custom Gingerbread working??
    can u tell me step by step hwo and wha to do??
  13. D-U-R-X

There is an "All Things Root" section of this sub-forum (linked in one of my posts above) - in there you will find the following http://androidforums.com/thrill-4g-all-things-root/446824-lg-thrill-4g-all-things-root-guide.html which is a sticky that has links and how to's on various things... you should be able to root your phone and then start installing custom ROM's.

The best people to ask about rooting are other users of the same phone... you might like to have a look at the sticky I linked above and then, if you need rooting help, post in the All Things Root section.
  14. PROlific666

PROlific666 New Member

I was reading your post and have experienced the same exact problem. I was curious to see how you got it turned back on?
  15. Android1993

Android1993 Well-Known Member

There was something with pulling the battery out, putting it back in, and pressing Power, Volume Down(or UP, forgot), along with the 3D button as if you were putting the phone into Recovery, and letting the update finish, all without unplugging it. But seeing as how your computer has probably long been shut off and the program has been closed I don't know how you'd do it. Try the TOOL again, and follow those steps if it stops again. If I have to search for the steps incase I told them wrong off memory, I will. Good luck man.
  16. qryche

qryche New Member

After trying to update my LG thrill using LG update tool the program stopped at 61% and now I can