Help!! Help!! Help!!!

Last Updated:

1. Geewalt1

Geewalt1 Member This Topic's Starter

On my Desire I was deleting off some of my saved home screens and then all of a sudden I got the following message:-

'The Application HTC Sense (process com.htc.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again'

The only option it gives me is to 'force close' and when I do that it tries to reload but all I get is the above pop up message.

I did load an apk file off one of the threads from here a few hours before and the phone was working fine. I hope that has lead to this.

Any help from anyone or does it look like a return to T-Mobile in less than a week of ownership???

Advertisement
  2. colrey

colrey Well-Known Member

Hi,

dont panic, just do a hard reset,or factory restore.

3. Geewalt1

How do I do that? I can't select any screens to take me to the reset page.

Do I have to press a combination of the hard buttons whilst the phone is off to do this?

4. colrey

colrey Well-Known Member

5. Akalatengo

Akalatengo Well-Known Member

yes, you should do a hard reset first of all because that is what t-mobile will do and give you back

6. colrey

colrey Well-Known Member

Also, have you taken the battery out leave it for a min, then put back in,that may fix it as well.

7. Geewalt1

I've taken the battery out and left it for about 10mins. It allows me to input my pattern to unlock and then the message immediately appears. I can't get to any of the other menu settings to get to the factory reset. I've just tried to do it now and if I hold the home button down i get a message that reads 'no recent applications' then it's followed by the original message which seems to lock the phone.

I've read the following on another site but it relates to a Droid Eris phone

"Just called another Verizon tech.....he said just to reset the factory settings.

To reset the phone using buttons:
    With the phone turned off, press and hold down the volume down and send buttons, then press the end/power button.

You will see 3 Android images at the bottom of the screen.

Follow the instructions onscreen to reset your phone"

Is it worth trying this but then again what's the send button on the desire??

8. colrey

colrey Well-Known Member

send is the call button, yes do this, it wont harm ur phone,

9. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

What app did you install? Sounds like a task killer, and it's stopping sense.

10. colrey

colrey Well-Known Member

is it working ok now?

11. Geewalt1

phew, thanks everyone, got it fixed by doing a hard setting. Only another 3 days of playing with it to get it to the way i want it to be. Trouble is it's lost all my contacts, gonna be a bugger finding everyone's phone numbers again.

12. colrey

colrey Well-Known Member

if you synced it up with googlemail, you can get them all back, check your gmail account