Help Help Help

Last Updated:

1. Bella Lewinsky

Bella Lewinsky Member This Topic's Starter

I am going to ask this question a 1000 times til I get a legit answer I am happy with :
    I have updated my software to "2.1 unrooted version" and have recently learned there is so much more you can do , and so many apperance you can change your phone to with the "2.1 rooted version".
    Even though I already have "2.1 unrooted version" do you think it would hurt my phone if i at least tried to put the "2.1 rooted version" on my phone anyway to see if it would take
    POSITIVE AND SERIOUS FEEDBACK ONLY PLS.
    Thank you in advance !

Advertisement
  2. Pryomancer

Pryomancer Well-Known Member

Which phone do you have?

3. Bella Lewinsky

Bella Lewinsky Member This Topic's Starter

4. Pryomancer

There's no harm in actually doing it. There is documentation now that is virtually idiot proof and you'll make backups of your whole unrooted rom.

I haven't researched the Eris, so I don't know the particular ins and outs of rooting it, but I know that you won't cause permanent damage as long as you're careful.
    Also note that rooting a phone voids its warranty.

5. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Sorry, but I can't provide you with positive feedback on something that won't work. Just wait until someone roots one of the leaked versions of 2.1 or someone finds a way to rollback to 1.5 and then root. There is a reason people using the leak aren't rooted. There is no need to risk possibly damaging your phone for something that won't work.

6. Pryomancer

Ah, I guess I should have done some research beforehand. :D

7. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

lol

Yeah, the leaked 2.1 for the Eris hasn't been rooted yet. Only the original 1.5 has. I think she is hoping that something positive will happen if she tries to root her phone on 2.1. Unfortunately, I don't think she is going to be happy with the results of that attempt.

@ OP, no matter how many times you ask the question the answer will be the same until someone roots the official OTA or one of the leaks.

8. rvpartsguy

rvpartsguy Well-Known Member

if you are running 2.1 leak-unrooted - sorry there is no positive feedback to give about rooting, it just won't work and has been tried alot already

people are working on it, but don't count on it soon ....

sorry

9. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

Sounds vaguely familiar. Btw if you thought my reponses negative or not serious, I hope you see now that I was neither.

10. MJL

MJL Well-Known Member

WTH? Why ask this question 1000 times when its already been answered 1000 times. I'm tired of seeing this question posted every day..../rant over.

Sent from my Aloysius Eris with tapatalk.