• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP HELP PLEASE new to android

hey i have searched all over the internet and these foums (ALTHOUGH IM SURE ITS SOMEWHERE) for an answer to my question.
i recently swapped my iphone 4 for a galaxy s2 and the person i swapped didnt factory data reset the phone. :(
I have tried but is asking me for there samsung account password
that i obviously dont know.
the username is a hotmail account,
is there a way to bypass this and restore my phone and if i do it i wont be asked to enter password when its reboots?

i have tried contacting previous owner to no avail. even though i have told him i have access to his email and mastercard ahahha

please please help me.

Hello and welcome to Android Forums! :)

Turn off the phone if it's on. Hold down the vol. up and the home button then press the power button until the phone turns on. Release the power button but continue to hold the other two until it boots into recovery. Use the vol buttons to scroll to data wipe (clear user data, or whatever it says) and select by pressing the power button. I think you have to reconfirm, but once done you will have the phone set back to an unregistered state. You can then register it to your own gmail account.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksDiaKE6umk

Reactions: steeliks
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones