HELP - HERO dropped into water

Last Updated:

1. cocreateguid

cocreateguid New Member This Topic's Starter

Yesterday morning my 3-year old son threw my HTC Hero into the toilet. I took it out of the water after a few seconds, and removed the battery after 20 or 30 seconds (time spent on removing the back cover). The phone was soaked, I removed as much water as possible and put it in a warm place.
    After 24 hours, I put in the battery and powered it on. It stops at the first screen which shows the HERO text. The Android dude does not show up. Is this phone dead? :confused::(

Advertisement
  2. nonie3234

nonie3234 Well-Known Member

3. Furrnak

Furrnak New Member

Dropped my Hero in a glass of water the other day, the phone itself boots up fine after being in a bag of rice, took it apart using a T5 torq screwdriver and let it all dry out, the top water sticker was red, the middle one half red and the bottom sticker still white, a bit of corrosion on the metal housing in the middle but that may be from any number of things.

However the "touch screen" was dead, still displayed but would not register interaction, additionally I could see water damage in the screen. Cleaned the circuit boards with isoproprly alcohol and have ordered a new LCD replacement screen from Hong Kong.... If that doesn't work then damn...

Just hoping the screen was the component damaged and not whatever component is responsible for registering the touch screen interaction.

4. cocreateguid

cocreateguid New Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you so much. 24 hours have passed and I think it might be too late to try this...

Now the phone can pass the Hero screen, show the Android robot and then the HTC logo with the short music. The LED power light (on the right side of the speaker) also comes on. But after that the screen goes dark and no response. We'll see how it goes...