[HELP] Hero Orange only shows HTC logo in the home screen, after .66 updatee

Last Updated:

1. sabahkamal

sabahkamal Member This Topic's Starter

Today I updated my HTC Hero (Orange) to 2.73.61.66 from my previous version (2.73.61.5). I got this ROM from the Orange site.

The problem I am facing is that once I restart it and slide down the lock screen, it just shows me the HTC logo. It's very frustrating, however, I can receive phone calls and SMS (for SMS, I can just see the preview in the lock screen). After fiddling around with it a bit, once I move the slider to get in the home screen (which is just the HTC logo), I press HOME button for a while and it brings up my Recent Applications (which is empty). After this if I press the call button, it even gives me access to the dial pad screen and I can make calls. But alas, so far I have found no way to get to the main GUI, it keeps on showing only the HTC logo! :(

So far I re-installed the new and previous firmware a couple of times each, but the problem remains. I have also tried a hard reset and a memory clear and that has also not helped.

I will highly appreciate any help in this regard as you can imagine how frustrating this is - I love my Hero!

Advertisement
  2. sabahkamal

sabahkamal Member This Topic's Starter

Nobody? Come on Android gurus, help a fellow Android lover out. My Hero has been like this for a few days now and it's totally killing me. I am sure it's not a lost cause.