Help! Hero with 2.1 creating havoc with Outlook Calendar!Support

Last Updated:

1. dr. jing

dr. jing Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

I've had problems in the past with my Hero syncing to Outlook and ruining my calendar. I thought the update to 2.1 firmware had fixed it, but no such luck.

I'm using Outlook2007 on Windows XP. When I sync my phone, the first time all is well. Subsequent syncing causes random duplications in my calendar, and some meetings to be moved to odd times (if they were moved an amount that matched the time zone difference between me and the meeting organizer, it would make sense, but these will be off for oddball amounts of time).

Does anyone have any idea how I might fix this? Is there a way to check if my Outlook is actually the problem (I've had problems with corruption in the past, and this was an update from Outlook2003, not a fresh install)?

Thank you for any help...

Advertisement
  2. dr. jing

dr. jing Active Member This Topic's Starter

Problem solved.

I went ahead and ported my Outlook Calendar over to Google Calendar. There's a handy little executable to do this. Allowed me to force one-direction calendar updates (though the sync feature is supposed to do this, it was not working for me or I'd have resolved this months ago), and that seems to be working well.

The added bonuses of this are that I don't have to sync my phone to my computer to get updates to my calendar on my phone, and I now have my work schedule available to me, no matter where I am (as long as I have either my phone with me, or access to the internet via other means).

LOVE it!