1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Help, HORRIBLE experience with the Esteem!Support

1. kurt_cobain

kurt_cobain Member

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me. I've had a TERRIBLE experience with the lg esteem - and we have TWO!!

I love the screen. When I bought it, it ran really fast for about 2 to three months. Same with my wife's esteem I bought her. Then, it started getting slower... and slower. to the point where making a phone call or scrolling through contacts, ANYTHING, was very painful. Then yesterday, it died. I would power up for a bit, I'd get a welcome screen, then it would power off. Tried my wife's battery in it, same thing, so I'm sending it back to wirefly. I'm considering selling it when I get a replacement back.

Am I missing some kind of tweak here or something that everyone else knows about to make this phone fast???????

I have metro pcs so my phone options are very limited.

Please help, thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

First of all check the version you are running under settings about phone it should say zvc or zvd second are you rooted? How many apps you have installed?
  3. Pappy62

Pappy62 Well-Known Member

Google is your friend, and so is the search function of this forum.
    Having said that, I had the same issues - until I rooted and debloated the phone.
    Later, I installed one of the many ROMs available, and have been relatively problem-free since.
  4. kurt_cobain

kurt_cobain Member

I only have a few apps installed... facebook, colornote, that's it really. My wife and I both have this same problem. Forgive me because I know nothing about rooting or any of that stuff, and I've heard if you do it you void all warranty and it may not even work anymore, so I'm kind of scared to go there...
  5. kurt_cobain

kurt_cobain Member

I can't check the vesion right now because it's dead - after about 9 months of use.
  6. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

Oh wow then you should take it to your local store since the phone has a one year guarantee have them replaced it and you should be fine and since you are not rooted you don't have to worry about anything
  7. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS Guide

You also can check under the battery Wat version your on ;)
  8. ManlyParasite

ManlyParasite Well-Known Member

If it was bought new. If its used or refurbished it may say ZVB or ZVC but may be updated beyond what the sticker says
  9. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

Well of the cache doesn't get cleaned, any phone will get slower and slower. You have to treat your phone like a computer. What happens when your computer accumulates a years worth of temporary internet files? Runs like a turtle. Same goes with phone cache. It builds up and takes up space.
  10. kurt_cobain

kurt_cobain Member

I have the browser set to not save anything at all.

And also I heard back from the company wirefly uses, they said the same thing, take it to a metro store and they should replace it. We'll see how that goes; theire support sucks.
  11. kurt_cobain

kurt_cobain Member

The thing is, I bought it on Wirefly.com so a metro store won't cover it right?