1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Help!! how do I??

1. daks

daks New Member

Hi guys
    I have just got my HTC Desire and have a few questions which I hope can be answered by you lot before I send it back.

1) When I am using the phone with a bluetooth headset to make calls, when I have finished the call and want to press the red "end call" button, I find that the screen has turned off. I then have to press the on button at the top of the phone and put in my security pattern and then press "phone" and then then the return button at the bottom of the phone to get to the red "end call" button. Surely this cannot be right. There must be an easier way to end a call.

2) is there any way of making the screen less sensitive to the touch? When searching for phone numbers, I find myself accidentally pressing the wrong number and it connecting.

3) My old Nokia n95 has superb sound on speakerphone but this Desire seems to sound as if it is inside a tin can and very scratchy. Should this be?

4) On the main screen with the clock on it, just underneath the clock readout is notification of the town that I live in. I don't want it to show, is there any way of removing this?

If anyone can help me, I would be grateful.

Regards

Advertisement
  2. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

1) use the menu button, and you should get access to the phone again to end the call.

2) sensitivity cant be changed. Assuming your 1st touch phone, you'll get used to touching in the right place. It does take time ;)

3) The speaker isnt as good as the N95, but as good as the N96. Bear in mind the Nokias have 2 speakers, and the Desire only one ;)

4) either, manually set your location in the waether app and use that, or if you just want the clock and no weather, press and hold the clock and drag to the bin. Press and hold the screen, HTC widgets>clock and choose another clock.
  3. daks

daks New Member

Hi nx1977

Thanks for the reply.

Shame about the answers to questions 2 and 3

How do you really rate this phone? So far I don't se myself recomending it over Nokia but as you say, I need to get used to it.

I keep making calls i don't want to!!!

Regards