HELP!~How to change default browser to Dolphin HD?Tips

Last Updated:

1. sweetcandies~

sweetcandies~ New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, so I just got the HTC Evo yesterday~
    &&I've just been playing around with it&&I just downloaded the free version of HD Dolphin because I wanted to try it.
    The thing is I can't figure out how to use it or set it as my browser. I can't even find it on my applications, but it says that it's installed when i go to the Market. And I tried to go to Settings.Applications.but then i couldn't find anything on changing the default settings.
    Can anyone help?~
    Sorry, Im really new at this >__<
    thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. uniquenameEVO

uniquenameEVO Well-Known Member

Menu-settings-select internet (stock browser). Scroll down to the Launch by default section.

3. frankiepapa

frankiepapa Well-Known Member

from the homescreen, hit the arrow in the lower left corner...all your apps will come up. Then select dolphin browser....once in there, hit the menu button then more then set settings and look for set as default browser

4. sweetcandies~

sweetcandies~ New Member This Topic's Starter

hii~ thanks for the replies. i tried both of these methods but neither of them are working. uniquenameEVO:i can't find the Launch thing
    &&frankiepapa: my dolphin app won't show up

5. uniquenameEVO

uniquenameEVO Well-Known Member

Sorry on two counts. I missed "manage applications" between settings and select internet. And...I checked...the default doesn't show on mine.

I may have an easier way after re-reading the OP.

Click a link in an email, it should ask if you want to use internet or dolphin. There is a check box at the bottom for making this the default.

You can also add it t o a hom screen by long pressing a blank spot, and selecting "app" from the add to home menu. Scroll down to dolphin HD and tap on it.