HELP how to downgrade from 2.1 to 1.6 on LG GT540!!Support

1. georgi74

georgi74 New Member

i just got the android 2.1 by reading the forums here, but i hate it, i want to go back to 1.6 so how do i do it????

Advertisement
    :
  2. brqueiros

brqueiros New Member

You can
  3. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) Well-Known Member

4. craigb87

craigb87 Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, what do you hate about it? I don't find it to be much different from 1.6, certainly not worse.
  5. aravindlh

aravindlh New Member

I got my new LG GT540 Optimus with 1.6. It was quite good. But then i upgraded it to Eclair 2.1 official update from LG. I see many basic features are not availalbe like, Grouping Contacts(was available in 1.6),
    Send contact, Send business card etc.
    Has anybody alternate settings for this?

-LHA
  6. tigermilk

tigermilk New Member

And another thing,the video recording now records in 3gp,before it was mp4.so the quality is rubbish..if id of known this i would of stayed with 1.6
  7. HonestGuvnor

HonestGuvnor Active Member

Really? When I tried to play the "mp4" labelled files produced by the 1.6 camera application they were rejected as invalid mp4 files. Renaming them to 3gp files enabled them to be played.
  8. Trekker24689

Trekker24689 New Member

Hi There

aravindlh How did you upgrade to 2.1 as i am trying?

I went to the LG website and downloaded the LG support tool and still says i have the latest version (1.6) and i want to get 2.1 but do not know how.

Trekker
  9. filoflavaz

filoflavaz Member

LG update is withdrawn at the moment.

anybody know when its comin back?
  10. DingIsBack

DingIsBack Member

There's been a few niggles in it..

Market doesn't work for many ppl, some other apps being a bit iffy as well.
    And the f**king video quality...

I think they've got the iron out... At least I hope so....

;-)
  11. vivirexti

vivirexti New Member

ok buddy try this

You'll need to get the stock (official) 1.6 firmware as a update.zip file suitable for your particular phone model. To be sure that it isn't some modified version, ask your manufacturer (LG).

Place it to your sdcard and kick it through the bootloader for manually updating. The procedure differs for different phone models. So check with your manufacturer (LG).

People on xda-developers forum might have backup of such files and know the procedure. But they usually show interest in HTC based android devices. Do try your luck there if you can't get it from LG straight.
  12. Nirob

Nirob Well-Known Member

Is it tested or just a theory???
  13. YouTu_01

YouTu_01 Well-Known Member

but then you would need all orignial files, the kdz, the 1.6 firmware, which i doubt anyone will have
  14. gazzz123

gazzz123 Well-Known Member

if u have a 1.6 rom u have to wipe the cache from phone and use kdz updater to install 1.6 ive done it myself just to see can if be done and it works :)