Help - how to lock touch screen when needed during phone callsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Cuttle42

Cuttle42 Member This Topic's Starter

I have the Sprint HTC hero and my wife uses my phone quite often. She constantly complains that her face is accidentally touching the screen and hanging up on people. I try to tell not to press it against her face but she won't learn lol. Is there a way to disable the screen completely once you place or take calls? Of course I want to be able to use the screen if and when needed as well. Thanks for your help!

Advertisement
  2. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

Welcome to the forum! I've moved your thread to the support and troubleshooting sub forum where it should get more replies.

Some people pull down the notification bar while on a call. This may avoid the "cheek hang ups".

Other members should chime in here soon with more ideas!

3. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

My screen shuts off by itself?

4. JB in AZ

Good point! I didn't even think to mention the screen time out settings.
    Menu/settings/sound & display/Screen timeout....I have mine set to 30 seconds.

If you need the screen during a call, pressing the red hardware "hang up" button on the right once, will turn on the screen again.

5. Cuttle42

Cuttle42 Member This Topic's Starter

I have thought about the screen timeout as well but I don't want that to be the case of 30 seconds across the board when doing other tasks. So far I think sliding down the task bar will be a great idea. I am looking forward to seeing other ideas as well. Thanks for your help!

6. JB in AZ

There's an app available in the market called Screen On. It can be set to allow the screen to stay on while any individual app is being used. Example, I have it and set it so the screen stays on while using the internet or viewing photos. 30 seconds for everything else.

7. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

8. JB in AZ

Yeah..I tried that for a while...wasn't crazy about it... didn't always work well in other than bright light conditions...I learned to just hold the phone slightly away from my cheek...but it might be worth a try for the OP.

9. 2horses

2horses Well-Known Member

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that has crazy stuff happen when using this phone as a, well, phone! I was on a call and somehow dialed my voice mail and left myself a message all at the same time, while the other party I was originally talking to was still connected. Bizarre, but I learned real quick not to let the damned thing touch my face - grrrr........