1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Help! How to restore stock messaging app?

1. liive_city

liive_city Member

I recently rooted my ascend and went to delete bloatware but accidently deleted my stock messaging app. Is there a way to get it back on my phone? Please Help

Advertisement
  2. Muilisx

Muilisx Well-Known Member

I think you would need to re-flash back to get that back. I am unaware of a .apk for that. However, if you go into the market and search for something called Handcent SMS, you may find that you like it much better than the stock messaging program.
  3. joser116

joser116 Guest

Cricket?
  4. joser116

joser116 Guest

IF you are on Cricket visit this page:

http://www.suckmydroid.com/downloads/custom-and-recovery-roms
  5. liive_city

liive_city Member

Im on metro pcs is there a recovery rom for them or can i use them both?
  6. Muilisx

NO!!!

Do not restore using the Cricket Recovery Rom if you have MetroPCS. We are still waiting on a Metro Recovery Rom, so in the meantime, I recommend going into the market and download Handcent SMS for FREE.
  7. liive_city

liive_city Member

ok i already have handcent sms but i cant send or receive mms plus ive tried all the other sms apps but i found out u need the stock messaging app to use mms on any of the others
  8. Muilisx

Odd.

I can only suggest to wait around for the Metro Recovery Rom, but we do not have a set time frame of exactly when it will be available. Once you get everything working again, and you decide to root again, be a little more careful before hitting uninstall, double check what you have selected.

Here is what is OK to delete from your MetroPCS Huawei Ascend

1 Boingo Wifi
    2 MetroPCS Easy Wifi
    3 Uno
    4 Virtual Card
    5 Documents To Go
    6 Pocket Express
    7 Games ( Not Really Games )
    8 Online Banking
    9 Loopt

DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING GOOGLE RELATED
  9. liive_city

liive_city Member

Problem solved just took it to the metro store and they restored my phone
  10. Muilisx

Cool
  11. jhedflores

jhedflores Well-Known Member

they restored the phone even tho it was rooted?
  12. Muilisx

Yeah, I don't recall carriers just restoring phones
  13. jhedflores

jhedflores Well-Known Member

so i can take my phone and restore it at the store cuz ever since i got gtalk back. downloading apps lags
  14. Jazziette

Jazziette Well-Known Member

They probably don't care that much as long as the phone is still under warranty. I'm sure they just send it to wherever they refurbish them (probably takes about a minute! LOL) and then sell them again. :)
  15. Muilisx

I could of probably fixed my old one, but meh...now it was free so idc anymore :p
  16. liive_city

liive_city Member

Yeah they fixed it by jus reprogramming it my phone is still rooted lol the guy told me my phone had the wrong progamming code on it lol
  17. Muilisx

Programming has to do with the network, not deleted apps :p He used the wrong words for sure.