Help, how to unroot samsung s3 and can you update while rooted and s voice is missing

1. jonathantjokro

jonathantjokro New Member

Hello, I am new here. I recently got a samsung galaxy s3 GT-I9300 running on android 4.0.4 as a gift. It was bought in Shanghai but I am using it in Indonesia. The person who got it for me had it rooted upon purchase, but I actually do not want it to be rooted. So my question is that can it be unrooted? Also, if for some reason unrooting is not possible, will I still recieve a software update for jellybean 4.1.2 from the software update menu in the phone even if it is still rooted? because right now I still haven't recieved the update ( I check it everyday.) I also want to unroot it because the phone seems to be missing some features like S VOICE and allshare play. So please, any reply will be appreciated. Thanks a bunch!:)

Advertisement
  2. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.

To unroot you need to flash some stock firmware. Firmware can be downloaded from here
    SamMobile Firmware Page

Instructions on how to flash can be found here
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1671969

In order to get to get future updates ota or with kies you would need to flash the original firmware with the correct csc. However with the phone originating from China I wouldn't recommend that as Chinese firmware can be restrictive when it comes to Google apps such as the play store. So I'd go for the latest Indonesian firmware, it will however most likely mean that all future updates will have to be done manually with Odin like above.

I've moved this over to the all things root forum:)
    jonathantjokro likes this.
  3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

One thing that this guide doesn't give you is that you should download "Triangle away" from the Play store and reset your flash counter before you flash an official firmware
    jonathantjokro likes this.