• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

help! htc crashing, losing charge fast and running slow.

ronuz

Lurker
Nov 12, 2013
new to this forum, i joined because i'm really struggling to find a solution to my problem, been googling and searching on here for quite some time now, but still no luck.

My htc sensation xe running on 4.0.3 has been crashing quite persistantly now, not on any app in particular, it has crashed on pretty much every app i have.
i have tried using a higher capacity and faster sd card, but it made no difference.

also my google chrome and snapchat app icons have change to android symbols. i've reinstalled them a few times, and the icons do come back, but after a while they change back to the android symbols.

my htc also seems to be running slow.
ive tried clearing space on internal and external memory, but its made no difference to the speed.
i recently downloaded avg free antivirus aswell because i thought it might be a virus behind all this, but i found nothing.

one more thing, it seems to be losing charge faster than it did before.
i've tried closing running apps down fully because i thought it might be using extra power. but this also made no difference.

sorry for going on a bit, but i've really had it with this phone now and i really just want to get it sorted.

any sort of knowledge and help of any of these problems will be greatly appreciated.

It could be something to do with your storage being full and something called "bit rot". Unfortunately, as devices get older, something weird happens with old temp files and other files causing issues. Some people seem to report that a factory reset (which WILL delete everything off your phone; photos, texts, contacts, etc.) help, others say it does not. If you're not willing to consider a new phone, a factory reset may be your recourse. Otherwise, you can always try going through and cleaning out your storage and unused apps manually; that will probably help speed up the phone as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones