HELP! HTC Hero stuck in safe mode!!

Last Updated:

1. hydrus29

hydrus29 New Member This Topic's Starter

Im trying to root my htc hero with android 2.1 and ive done all the steps and im not getting the "superuser permissions" a[[ in my app tray ive updated my build number to 2.27.651.5 which it says to do before i root. ive downloaded sync, and all the files and when i use the command prompt it goes all the way to the "unrevoked" part and the app doesnt go into my tray, im thinking its because its in safe mode and i cant get it out of safe mode, can someone help me please?? i need to get out of safe mode regardless anyway. thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

You posted this in the GSM Hero section, but since you're using the unrevoked app I've moved it to the Sprint Hero rooting section.

Unless of course you're using unrevoked on a GSM hero, which would explain the problem ;)

Welcome to the forum :)

hydrus29 likes this.
  3. crdfly

crdfly New Member

I spent two days trying to get "Safe Mode" off my Hero HTC after upgrading the ROM to version 2.1. I called my provider and even HTC but no help from either. I found an obscure posting that said to power on the phone while holding down the track ball and that did it. There are also other power on options: hold volume button up or down, hold menu down, hold menu + back...but for me, none of these helped...only the track ball.

4. asiangolfer

asiangolfer Well-Known Member

battery pull, press down and red button as soon as you put the battery back in. good luck!