HELP.... HTC sync stoppedSupport

Last Updated:

1. tromba

tromba Member This Topic's Starter

When I got my Evo I set up HTC Sync to work with Outlook on my desktop. Worked great for a few weeks. Was out of country for two weeks and had wifi only but when I got back I could still connect as a disk drive but the phone would no longer find HTC Sync on the computer. I tried different cables. Tried installing sync again (new download). Nothing helped.

Took it to the Sprint store and they did a hard reset and thought that would fix it. Didn't.

Called tech support and got elevated several times and when I explained all I'd done, the guy said the device needed to be replaced. I was going out of town and will do it next week.

In the meantime the day before I left I uninstalled sync and reinstalled from the SD card and SYNC WORKED. Or seemed to work. Did all my contacts but only about half the calender before I got a message that it had timed out.

Then it stopped again.wouldn't sync at all. Got new version from the website again, still no sync.

Two questions:

1. Is this a hardware problem that a new phone will fix?

2. Is such a replacement device really new or just a replacement that could have had someone else's problem but is now a refurb?

Advertisement