1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Help! I bought a Polish galaxy in Belgium - internet defaults to google.pl!

1. companioncube8

companioncube8 New Member

Hi guys,

I bought a galaxy ace 2 today in a phone shop in Brussels (Belgium).
    I only noticed after going home that the box is in Polish with "samsung.pl" on it. When I turned the phone on, it was in Polish.

I changed the default language and the locale etc...but when I click on the 'internet' icon, it defaults to google.pl, even if I change the home page to google.com or google.be

Is there any way around this? I assume I'm on ICS as kies tells me my firware is up to date.

Also, will this have any implications in other areas of my phone? will anything else be polish?

Finally, would a factory reset just revert everything to polish since it seems the phone was clearly meant for the polish market?

Thank you very much for your help^^

Advertisement
  2. companioncube8

companioncube8 New Member

Sorry for the bump, is anyone here able to help me? :(
  3. Heisenberg123

Heisenberg123 Well-Known Member

you posted this in the galaxy s3 forum but state you have a ace 2, on the galaxy s3 if you got to settings than general than set homepage it will save that as your new homepage for everytime you open a new window

every consider trying a different browser like Chrome or Dolphin?