• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root help i cant get my s4 to boot

ben12p34

Lurker
Aug 2, 2015
I recently rooted my phone and had a custiom rom on it cyanogenmods nightly i think 11.1 and anyway i tried installing gapps and it didnt work so i looked on one of the forums and someone said wipe the data so i went into recovery mode twrp and wiped the data then tried reinstalling gapps it then said my device wasnt rooted and asked me if i wanted to root it i pressed yes and it took me to the downloading screen i then plug it into my laptop and put the cf auto root file into odin and loaded it on to my phone but now when ever i try rebooting my phone it gets stuck and says (in the top left) red; Kernal is not seandroid enforcing, yellow: set warranty bit: kernal then just says samsung galaxy s4 GT-i9505

the phones model: GT-i9505
Version: 4.4.2
Baseband version: i90505XXUGNI2
Cyanogenmod version: 11-20140210-snapshot-m3-jfltexx
Build number: cm_jflyexx-userdebug 4.4.2 kot49h 4cfab9292f
SELinux status : enforced
kernel version: 3.20-cyangenmod-g2ab6e0f
build01@cyanogenmod #1
(i dont know weather all that was helpful)
please hep i just got this phone and i really want it back so its usable
someone please elp i only got it a few days ago i just want it to work

Last edited:
Did you take a backup using TWRP before starting this? If so it's easy: go back into TWRP and restore the backup.

Otherwise I'd suggest wipe cache, dalvik and data and reflash the ROM from TWRP. A CM ROM should be rooted already, I don't know what this "cf auto root" file does but I'd ignore that, just flash gapps after the ROM. Do the whole lot in recovery.

I'm assuming here that you haven't deleted the TWRP while using Odin. If you have then I'd reinstall that first.

Reactions: Slug
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones