Help! I dropped my LG Thrive in water!Support

1. JanuaryRain

JanuaryRain New Member

So I am an idiot and dropped my LG Thrive in a toilet a few days ago. I was drunk when this happened. Being drunk I just dried it off with a towel and shook out as much water as I could. I made the mistake of turning it back on soon after and it turned right on. Everything seemed to be working. It seems as though it has been working for two days. Today though the power/lock button doesn't work. I took out the battery and now it wont turn on at all. I know the only issue is the power/lock button.

So what should I do? I have no idea how to go about this. If there was any way i could turn on the phone without actually using the power button I think it would be ok, but something tells me there is not magic way to turn on the phone without using the power button... still if there is that would be awesome!

Advertisement
  2. SiXiam

SiXiam Well-Known Member

Check if the battery is good. They all have those little stickers to show if it has water damage. Check also for bulging.

The only way I know to get a phone to turn on without pressing power is to charge it., which should then show the charging screen.

You may want to try the rice technique to dry it out more.

Another option, which is risky is to take out the battery, rinse the phone in distilled water, then use the rice technique. If the phone is broke you have nothing left to lose.