• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help. I got root but apps don't work.

silverxbv2

May 4, 2010
When I fire up Android.tether it installs fine but always says unable to start. I installed lampu and it does nothing also. I followed the 10 min. video after a lot of clicking the SD card, the one provided with the phone BTW, but there was one line that didn't look right to me. I copy and paste to the line with the pound sign, and when I hit enter it duplicated it with the pound sign in front of it. All the other lines would duplicate without the pound sign. Do I have to start all over? If so, do I have to remove root first. If I do have to remove root, how do I do that?

Yeah, I got superuser permissions in with the other apps. Can I just try rooting again without removing root? The part I didn't get in the video was after the 1.bat and enter. I got the unrevoked screen. So I think I was good til there. But what are you actually doing when you copy the commands? Where do they go? The first cat line in the commands is the one that gave me grief. I've never done this before and am fairly illiterate when it comes to this kind of stuff. Or am I simply not using it right?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones