1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Support Help I have bad battery life on my s4

1. goonz808

goonz808 New Member

Please help I got an s4 and my batery doesnt last 4 hours what is it is it normal ?the screan takes 78 percent of my battery

Advertisement
  2. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

Mine won't last a full day but 4 hours is far less than you should expect.

Is your phone completely standard? If so and you aren't watching a video while running Monte Carlo simulations in the background constantly, you may have a duff battery.
  3. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Well-Known Member

If you're using it 4 hours straight, then I can see that happening.
  4. sincarafan

sincarafan Well-Known Member

Give us some more details. How high is your screen brightness at? Have you checked your running processes? How often is the phone used at one time? Etc.... 4 hours does tend to say a bad battery but other factors can drain it fast.
  5. zeker

zeker Member

Lots of posts on general settings advice for battery saving (screen brightness to auto, no live wallpaper, etc.) But I've found using a power manager app does wonders. I'm now using GO Power Master and a fully charged phone at bed time is only down to about 90% when I wake up. Phone will go all day with moderate use.
  6. pakilad

pakilad Member

please tell which class SD card is suitable for GS4???
  7. Sylon

Sylon Well-Known Member

What is your brightness set at? The GS4 has a bright screen with low settings, it doesn't need to be set very high. Mine is set at the 'ss' below the word 'Brightness' in the settings menu. I also have a few S things turned off. And yet, I got this out of my GS4's battery yesterday.

[​IMG]

Sorry if the pic is huge. Now, it did sit for 12 hours while I was at work, but cut those out and that's 26 hours active. You shouldn't be having issues, check your settings. Also, a weak signal will destroy your battery life as well.
  8. rkkeller

rkkeller Well-Known Member

Battery life is also great on mine. I been getting almost 2 days unless I go wild playing a game or watching videos.

If you look at the top left corner, you can see I also have Skype and another app running 24/7.

The screen is the biggest drain.

Attached Files:

9. speedlever

speedlever Well-Known Member

When I first got my S4, it would use about 2% overnight. But now that I've loaded it with some apps and whatnot, it drops 5%-8% or so overnight.

I keep mine in powersave mode, leave wifi and sync on, turn off GPS unless using it. I've not had any issues getting a full day of service out of it, but a good 16-18 hour day will take a toll on the battery reserves and I'll probably be down to 20-25% or so.

I typically charge in the morning before my day starts and the phone charges quickly enough to get 100% before I leave. But at first I would charge at night to see what the overnight drain would be.