Help! I lost most of my contracts!

Last Updated:

1. dr_trousers

dr_trousers Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I started a new job, and so I set about setting up my Droid to use as my work phone (they have since given me a work iphone. yep, I am not a two phone carrying guy). I read tutorials on using your gmail account to sync with outlook, but then discovered you can simply use the email exchange. But somewhere along the line, I lost my contacts. But wait, there's more! I didnt lose all my contacts, 3 contacts in the G section and 2 in the M section are still there. AND when someone in my contacts texts me, their name and number shows up even though they dont show up in my contacts, so I know the missing ones are in the phone somewhere! help!

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

menu-settings-accounts and sync. Make sure your gmail account is set to sync contacts, and your exchange account is set to NOT sync contacts.

3. dr_trousers

Thanks for trying, but that only brought back one contact. I'm stuck at only six contacts!

4. sitlet

sitlet Banned

When you go to gmail on your pc, do all your contacts still show up there?

5. dr_trousers

I think I really screwed myself. These contacts were phone contacts, ie numbers I put into my phone. I don't normally use gmail (I've had my yahoo account since 1998), so I dont know if my phone contacts would normally be on the web based application. But when I just checked, the only contacts are the ones on the phone. I'm starting to think I will have to reenter all my contacts.

6. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Yep, "phone contacts" stay on the phone and will never sync, unless you back them up to a pc. You should enter your contacts as "google contacts", they will automatically sync with gmail. There is no difference between the two on the phone, just the fact that google contacts will sync.