Help, I might've killed my phone

Last Updated:

1. AsianSensation

AsianSensation Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was trying to root my samsng behold 2 earlier today using the command codes on theunlockr.com. I thought everything was going well as I went all the way to the last step where it rebooted my behold 2. Problem is, the phone kinda just turned off after doing the reboot command and didn't turn back on by itself (I gave it like 10 minutes). I eventually then just turned on the phone manually and noticed that everything was super laggy. Even when I used taskkiller to kill every task minus GDE, it said I only had 38MB ram available. I rebooted my phone a few times and it was laggy everytime so I decided to do a hard reset. The problem is that when I attempted the hard-reset, it will now get stuck on the samsung screen when trying to load up (stayed there for over 30 minutes). I can still enter the phone if I just start it up regularly without trying to hard-reset, but it will continue to be VERY laggy.

Is there anything I can do to restore this phone back to its original state? I was reading about using ODIN to flash it or something, but for some reason my computer doesn't detect my phone when I go into Download mode on startup (it does however detect the usb drivers on my phone once the phone officially startsup into its homepage).

I really hope I didn't completely brick this phone already after only having it for a week. At this state I would really like to just restore it back to stock but was hoping someone can give me some good news and advice

Advertisement
  2. AsianSensation

*I also attempted to do a master soft reset but again, it will get stuck on the samsung screen when it tries to reboot.

3. DGarmon

DGarmon Well-Known Member

4. paul89

paul89 Well-Known Member

first things first don't panic, a bricked phone means that it is dead and completely unresponsive.

When I first got this phone I did the same thing you did, and noticed the huge laggyness it had. First of all those drivers that are installed on your computer. Are they the ones that will allow you to use adb??? did you install any special drivers other than the ones that your phone has built into it? Answer those questions and well will go from there!

5. mmmark111

mmmark111 Well-Known Member

That happened to me the day I bought my phone. I didn't know what was up so I just brought it back to the tmo store down the road and they handed me a new one. I was actually using the same method to root. Terrible.

6. AsianSensation

Thank you so much guys, I was able to use odin for the 1.6 stock update, everything is now working fine and smooth :D. I was really scared there, I think I'll just stick with these odin flashes from now on rather than rooting (I'm too noob for rooting). Thanks again though guys.

7. thegame3202

thegame3202 Well-Known Member

I believe you have root already (not sure if that rom does or not), otherwise install the 1.6 no twiz bh man ODIN, and that will give you root everytime you boot your phone :)

8. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Yeah for the future just use odin...