1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

HELP! I need to know what happened to my phone!Support

1. maraiza775

maraiza775 New Member

Hi, I;m new to these forums and felt that this is the only place I know where to ask. I was just sitting on my bed minding my own business until I decided to reach for my phone and press the screen lock button, and then whattya know, my screen isnt working. My screen looks like someone hit it and now its all pixelated. I didnt touch my phone for at least n hour prior to this. I bought the phone through ebay and the phone wasnt even out of the box for a month. It still had the factory plastic on it. Im just looking for a way to fix this, I dont have any phone insurance on it or anything. I was never expecting this Bulls**t to happen especially a new phone. I'm just look for some help.

Any help is appreciated. :)

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. gothicnerd1033

gothicnerd1033 Well-Known Member

Have you tried to do a battery pull?

Pull it out and wait at least 1 minute before putting it back in and reboot the phone.
  3. lEquin0xl

lEquin0xl Well-Known Member

What did the seller say about the phone? Was it used or anything?
  4. maraiza775

maraiza775 New Member

I did that and still it brings me to this screen. Thanks though.

They said it was brand new, they had only used it for a month. When I got it it was in pretty much mint condition. Still had the factory screen plastic on it.
  5. SuperAfnan

SuperAfnan Well-Known Member Contributor

Well I'm sorry to hear that but you should contact virgin Mobile and get a replacement because the digitizer on that got butt raped or something.

Just request a replacement because they are good with those. They shouldn't charge you at least from my experience. Still puzzled as to how that happened.
  6. gothicnerd1033

if you can, try to bang it against your palm or something, A nice firm hit, But without damaging the phone in any way, And see if you can get the connection to come back. It seems it might be the connection to the screen. If it somewhat comes back, even a flicker, Yeah it seems to be the screen is the problem and I would see if you could get a replacement.
  7. maraiza775

maraiza775 New Member

If I don't have any insurance on it, will they still replace it?
  8. gothicnerd1033

I dont think they would have a problem with it, Because your sending the old one back. But I am not sure, so dont quote me on anything.

Usually most companies will help you in any way they can.. But I cant say thats how Virgin Mobile works.. Ive never had to deal with them personally.
  9. maraiza775

maraiza775 New Member

Oh geez, well I'll call the tomorrow. Hopefully they will.
  10. gothicnerd1033

Let us know how it goes and good luck!
  11. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Well-Known Member

Just to clarify, the guy who sold it to you used it for 30 days, or you used it for 30 days? You call it new, and then say it's been used for 30 days, so I just wanted to get that straightened out in my mind.

How long has the phone worked fine for you?
  12. newevouservm

newevouservm Well-Known Member

I had that happen a ton of times to my optimus V. A battery pull a couple times fixed it and went away. Usually happened when I dropped the phone.
  13. hchen42

hchen42 Well-Known Member

As superafnan mention, call VM. They are very good at sending out replacement. If I remember correctly, this phone has a one year warranty. Given that this phone was release May/June of 2012, it should still be under warranty.
  14. SuperAfnan

SuperAfnan Well-Known Member Contributor

I replaced a defective Optimus v without a hassle. It was free too! You don't need insurance.
  15. EazySteve

EazySteve Well-Known Member

From personal experience with virgin customer service I would think they would replace this one free of charge