Support Help! I need to reinstall Android 3 or 4. THANK YOU!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mathieu777, Nov 23, 2012.

1. mathieu777

mathieu777 New Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Hi,

How can I install ANdroid myself?
    My Samsung Galaxy II has a problem, I reinstalled Android (4) with Kies, but it still has a problem (I unplugged the device during the installation after a few hours at it seems frozen), and now I can't reinstall Android on Kies, as Kies it telling me "You have the latest version". Shit.

Can anybody help?

I was thinking maybe I can reinstall Android 4 (or 3) myself using that cable buy by not using Kies? Or does anybody have a trick?

Many thanks indeed :)

PS: I can do it both on PC or Mac (I used to have problems running Kies on my Mac for some reason...)

Advertisement
  2. ironass

ironass VIP Member
    VIP Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Male
    Keeping one step ahead of the Tax man
    Cotswolds, England
    Hello and welcome to Android Forums mathieu777! :)

You can indeed flash your firmware without using Samsung Kies. You will need a PC prog; called Odin and your USB cable. You can download the stock Samsung firmware for your CSC code and install it by following the instructions in post #1, here, under the heading, "My firmware is not eligible for ICS yet but I want it now!".

3. mathieu777

mathieu777 New Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Hi,

Thanks for this,
    I have downloaded Odin and have found my details:
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy II - I9100P
    CSC: LPB (ORA) : I9100PORALPB to be precise

I am downlading the file, but having opened Odin, I do not know where to click: is it on the button CSC? (or on the button phone?) I guess it's on the button CSC.

Is there anything else I need to click on the page between clicking Start?

Thanks.

Matt

4. ironass

ironass VIP Member
    VIP Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Male
    Keeping one step ahead of the Tax man
    Cotswolds, England
    Wrong! :ahhhhh:

Why not follow the instructions in the link I posted previously?

This contains the link to... "How to install Ice Cream Sandwich on your Samsung Galaxy S2", which gives you step-by-step instructions... including where to put the file in Odin. ;)

(Just make sure that you have downloaded the, "P", variant firmware, GT-i9100P, for Orange and not the International, GT-i9100, version or you will lose NFC.)