• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP: i need to Transfer Contacts from BlackBerry to Android

CrazySte

Sep 22, 2010
How can i send all the contacts saved into my old BlackBerry into my Gmail account so that my new Android Phone can retrieve them?

HI EVERYBODY,
i recently Purchased a Samsung i9000 Galaxy S and i am getting ready to transfer everything to it from my old BlackBerry 8800... how should i do that?

I have created a New Gmail Account on porpouse for my new Android Phone, since i know that it syncronizes all the Contacts with a Gmail account, BUT now... how to i send all those contacts to the Gmail account from my BlackBerry?

Thank's for any help
REGARDS

How can i send all the contacts saved into my old BlackBerry into my Gmail account so that my new Android Phone can retrieve them?

HI EVERYBODY,
i recently Purchased a Samsung i9000 Galaxy S and i am getting ready to transfer everything to it from my old BlackBerry 8800... how should i do that?

I have created a New Gmail Account on porpouse for my new Android Phone, since i know that it syncronizes all the Contacts with a Gmail account, BUT now... how to i send all those contacts to the Gmail account from my BlackBerry?

Thank's for any help
REGARDS

Is your data in Outlook or BB Desktop?

Upvote 0
I guess if it's not Outlook, I'm not sure, so here it is for Outlook:

1. In outlook, File > import and export > export to a file > Comma Separated Values (DOS) > Pick a file name.

2. Login to gmail > Contacts > more actions pulldown > Import > Choose File you just made.

3. Here's the best part: if your phone is already sync'ed to your google account, your contacts will populate automatically. I did 1 and 2, then picked up my phone with a, "Now, how do I get this onto my phone? Oh, it's already there."

The process is virtually identical for the calendar.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones