HELP: i need to Transfer Contacts from BlackBerry to AndroidSupport

Last Updated:

1. CrazySte

CrazySte Well-Known Member

How can i send all the contacts saved into my old BlackBerry into my Gmail account so that my new Android Phone can retrieve them?

i recently Purchased a Samsung i9000 Galaxy S and i am getting ready to transfer everything to it from my old BlackBerry 8800... how should i do that?

I have created a New Gmail Account on porpouse for my new Android Phone, since i know that it syncronizes all the Contacts with a Gmail account, BUT now... how to i send all those contacts to the Gmail account from my BlackBerry?

Thank's for any help

2. torquey

torquey Active Member

Is your data in Outlook or BB Desktop?
  3. CrazySte

Neither... is just in my Blackberry for now, but i can import it into my COmputer, but what format?
  4. mrsbelpit

mrsbelpit Well-Known Member

5. torquey

torquey Active Member

I guess if it's not Outlook, I'm not sure, so here it is for Outlook:

1. In outlook, File > import and export > export to a file > Comma Separated Values (DOS) > Pick a file name.

2. Login to gmail > Contacts > more actions pulldown > Import > Choose File you just made.

3. Here's the best part: if your phone is already sync'ed to your google account, your contacts will populate automatically. I did 1 and 2, then picked up my phone with a, "Now, how do I get this onto my phone? Oh, it's already there."

The process is virtually identical for the calendar.
  6. Bnice

Bnice Guest

Download Google sync to your bb then sync to your Google account.
    CrazySte likes this.
  7. Rob_A

Rob_A Well-Known Member

It's in the BB market
    andrea332 likes this.
  8. CrazySte

AWESOME, it Worked Just Perfectly!!!

9. Bnice

Bnice Guest

Your welcome. Glad to help better the Android experience.