HELP I think I bricked my phone in my sleepGeneral

1. wolfpack1221

wolfpack1221 Member

So I went to sleep last night with my phone on my bedside table i awoke this morning to androids on skateboards constantly restarting (yes I tried pulling out the battery and putting in back in).

I updated to 2.1 about 2 weeks ago, and no its not Rooted.
    I did not do anything weird the night before either I am thoroughly confused and worried.
    I am still able to get to the power/Vol down menu thing

I am going to try reinstalling the 2.1 update or somethig, I cannot think of anything else to try

Advertisement
  2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

let us know how it goes. i would say if you CAN reflash 2.1 then you will be ok. if you do and are still in a reboot loop then i would think it is hardware.
  3. wolfpack1221

wolfpack1221 Member

uh oh

everything says Fail-PU in red

now im really worried

"partition update fail!"
    "Update fail!"
  4. Caddyman

maybe removed your sd card and reinsert.
  5. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

This is a really (!) long shot. But pull your SD card and try to boot the phone without it. In my wee little brain, I'm thinking that the partition that's failed MAY be in the SD card, not in the phone itself, but that failure is causing the phone to not be able to complete it's boot process. If you have a different SD card to plug it, you could try that too.
  6. wolfpack1221

wolfpack1221 Member

now it dosent seem to want to boot at all
  7. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Oh sure, Caddy gets there first because he only types one line, where *I* try to give a little bit of explanation... :)
    wolfpack1221 likes this.
  8. Caddyman

hhehehheeee....

tmi can be bad sometimes...
  9. wolfpack1221

wolfpack1221 Member

Thanks everybody i really appreciate it, question though.... what do i do now it wont even turn on
  10. wolfpack1221

wolfpack1221 Member

I am still within my 30 days will verizon replace it? or will they try to pin me for the 2.1 leak causing it and charge me for it
  11. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

Verizon. Get a new one.
    wolfpack1221 likes this.
  12. Caddyman

put the sd back in and try? if all else fails sounds like you are in for a trip to the verizon store for a replacement.
    wolfpack1221 likes this.
  13. wolfpack1221

wolfpack1221 Member

still Nothing :(

oh and what does PU Fail mean anyhow? Power Unit?
  14. Caddyman

possibly, i think it's hosed, get a new one. just tell them what happened when you woke up....the rest is on a need to know basis and they don't need to know.
  15. wolfpack1221

wolfpack1221 Member

should I worry about them mucking around in the internal memory and figuring out that i have the leak or are they more likely to go eh whatever and can it without checking
  16. Caddyman

they will probably can it without checking....if I were you I would take it in for a replacement.

*disclaimer: i take no responsibility for your actions or my advice*
  17. wolfpack1221

wolfpack1221 Member

Understood. thanks again everybody im going to eat breakfast and head to the verizon store
  18. Verizon store employees couldn't get me a proper charger. I doubt they'll have the capacity to figure out a way to get into the internal memory and figure it out.

If you're feeling like a bastard, keep the SD card. ;)
  19. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

Honestly, they might want you to keep your SD card and battery, and they'll give you a refurbished one without an SD card or battery. That way you don't lose your photos and music, for instance.
  20. Caddyman

they will more then likely tell you at the store to keep your card, battery, and possible even the battery door.
  21. wolfpack1221

wolfpack1221 Member

just got back from verizon store. New phone. New Battery. New SD card (I have everything backed up).

at least this way when I upgrade to 2.1 I can root it this time lol
  22. TJTHEBEST

TJTHEBEST Well-Known Member

Sweet lucky you. Did you have to file an insurance claim or did they just give you a new one?
  23. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Good, glad that worked out.
  24. ljbaumer

ljbaumer Well-Known Member

holly crap your lucky that you got a new phone!!!! i wish i could just trade in my droid eris for a 1.5 droid eris and then root it :(. my droid eris is leaked onto 2.1 and i am out of the 30 day period so i can't just trade in my phone for a new one.