• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HELP! I think I bricked my T328W (DESIRE V)!

My T328W came with OS version 1.35.

Recently it got an OTA update to 1.56.

This happened while i was in process to unlock boot-loader, root the phone, and begin installation of gaps.

Now the phone seems to be in "NEVER NEVER land". I cant do much with it. WIFI and Bluetooth are not working.

I can readily lock and unlock the boot-loader.

The security is on. S-ON.

I want to go back to 1.35 (factory shipped version) but cannot as different errors come up when trying to install RUU. I do have the original version RUU it shipped with.

There seems to be much confusion as to how install this orignal RUU. S-ON or should it be OFF. How do i turn it OFF.

BASICALLY

I want to get the phone completely back to shipped version. So then i can begin the root, and gaps installation.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Upvote 0
had you allready installed a custom recovery when the OTA occured? if so it may have prevented the installation of firmware.

check your radio and update and see if they have been updated. if they have not,you can try one of 2 things:

1)install just the boot/system/recovery images for your original rom(theres a link in this thread for a "mini-ruu") you can flash them as a PxxxIMG file in hboot with your hboot unlocked. if your firmware hadnt been touched,then this would get you back to stock.

2)you can flash a rom based on stock,and if you have tools someone has made to chenge the "main version" you will need to use them to set your main version to stock. at that pooint,youl will have to relock you bootloader,and then you can run the ruu for your original firmware.

if your firmware has been even partially updated,then you are prolly screwed. newer phones are complex and doing way to may checks to be able to trick an s-on phone into allowing its firmware to be rolled back down to earlier build numbers. youll need to wait for an s-off method,wich i do not believe exists at this time. your best bet in this situation,is to relock and run the ruu for the newer software/firmware,so that you can be sure it all matches. at that point you can unlock and re-root,or flash roms.

Upvote 0
Hello, I have HTC T328w. When I try to start it nothing happens. I have tried all the key combinations. But when I connect it to PC a new Com Port is installed called Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008. Kindly let me know what is the problem and step by step procedure alongwith the links of files required to resolve it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones