• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help, I think I messed something up on my phone

musikat

May 17, 2010
As of yesterday evening my phone was working great. I guess I learned my lesson: don't mess with success. With days of tweaking and following advice found on these forums I had gotten my battery on track to do about 18+ hours yesterday and everything was running smoothly. But I thought it wouldn't hurt to follow the idea of the *#* number code to make sure the CDMA code was properly running. It wasn't, according to that, so I reset it. Shortly after that my time without service shot up to 99-100%! And my phone started running hotter than it had been.

So I tried several things to see if it would fix itself (changing to Sprint only network, updating the prl and profile again, etc.) but nothing changed. The BEST I got was 50-60 TWS. So I thought I would do a hard reset and start over from scratch.

I did that today (in the process losing a bunch of data and settings I thought I had backed up!) only to still have the same problem. I have NOT tried running that number program again but everything else is just the same as it was before I did that and the phone is running warm still (30-45C). Something is just not right.

So I checked out spare parts and under network usage the top bar says the number 0 and is all the way filled. Unlike the rest of the bars, if I try to click on it for more info I get this message: "Sorry. The application settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again."

Help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones