HELP! I uninstalled launcher pro, and now have a black screen!Support

Last Updated:

1. Gareee

Gareee Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I uninstalled launcher pro to see if I preferred the original interface, and now I only see the top status bar, and nothing else.

Turning from normal to landscape still works, so it looks like the phone is working, but the interface is gone.

I tried turning the phone on and off again,and get the same issue.

I know how short supply they are in, and would REALLY like o get this working again.

HELP!

Advertisement
  2. exwifeusesiphone

exwifeusesiphone Well-Known Member

Barring a factory reset, try Settings/Applications Manage Applications then click the menu button again to switch the filter to Running. Then see if LauncherPro left something behind, if so, go into it, click "Clear defaults." Then go to Home and click clear defaults. If you can't see Home, change the filter to All. I take it the Home button does nothing? Then try another soft reset (off/on.)

Glad I uninstalled LauncherPro for ADW, but I didn't have an issue with it...

If that doesn't work, Settings/Privacy/Factory Data Reset.

3. Gareee

I can't even get at settings. I'm trying a factory reset right now, after following thread searches here.

BTW, will the factory reset include the update, or do I need to update it again?

4. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

You will still have the update don't worry. The factory reset will fix the problem though.

5. Gareee

WHEW! Yep, the factory update worked. I reinstalled launcher pro, but what do I do to activate it instead of the default interface?

6. Mays24

Mays24 Well-Known Member

Use Home Switcher.

7. Gareee

Grabbing it now. Thanks!

8. snoty

snoty Member

I had this same problem, but what I did to resolve it without the factory reset was I sent a text (you could also do e-mail) to myself from a desktop computer including a link to the .apk file for the launcher you want to use. Open the text by dragging down your notification bar. Click on the link... it opens it in the browser and starts downloading. Download complete in the notification bar, click on it and voila!

9. doodwala

doodwala New Member

For people looking at this later on...I had the same problem...uninstalled launcher pro and the home screen wasn't loading. I tried this approach and it worked perfectly.