• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help identifying this device

Hi there,

I recently acquired an android phone that I can't seem to find any information about. It appears to be a made by ZTE, but the model number doesn't turn up anything in Google search. I'd like to know if it's possible to root this guy, or if there are any custom ROMs for it.

Here is what I know about the device,

Runs Android 4.1.2
Model: ZTE N810
FCC ID: Q78-ZTEN810
Rear-facing camera is 5.0MP

http://i.imgur.com/pR8KE90.jpg
pR8KE90.jpg

lSVKus3.jpg

Anyone able to share some insight?

Possibly it's only sold in China. Searching on Baidu gives some results, which seem to suggest it might also be called the ZTE Flame. As for rooting it, I don't know. How's your Chinese? There's another thing to suggest that this phone was intended for China rather than western countires, the logo shows ZTE's Chinese name "中兴", AFAIK you wouldn't see that on ZTE phones sold in the States, etc.

After doing a little bit more research on this one. There's no mention of a N810 on the ZTE/中兴 China site either. I'm now thinking that this could be a knock-off. In which case, there's almost no chance of a custom ROM for it. What does it actually say in the "About Phone" info in the Settings menu?

Well known and quality Chinese brands and products do get counterfeited.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones