• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

help! im being hacked.

Last year, I suspected an Ex was getting my text. I called verizon and at 1st they thought I was crazy. I supplied them with the number I thought was getting my text. To verizons surprise, my messages were going to that number. They verified it and flagged it on my account. I let my Ex know that I knew, and it stopped. I was recently informed that her boyfriend was now getting my text. This person gave me some facts that were only in my text. Neither person has had access to my phone. Verizon cannot verify the boyfriend getting my text because I can't supply his number to them. My question is, how can I stop this?

close the account.. open a new account.. with new numbers and new ID and passwords.

kill all accounts associated to your phone... start new ones.

wipe your computers... there maybe a sniffer there.. watching for your keystrokes and info.

wipe your phone completely.

in short.. start over!!!

Upvote 0
I would also reformat/re-install windows on ALL my PCs/Laptops to remove the possibility of keyloggers/rootkits etc. Make sure ALL data is backed up first, and that you have all license keys and install files/media for all your apps.
Remember: Just because I'm Paranoid doesn't mean they're not really after me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones