Help I'm going to smash my phone up!!!!

Last Updated:

1. JonniBravo

JonniBravo Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have rooted my branded desire from tmo this morning using the macardo method, I now need to flash the radio required to flash the new rooted froyo rom, but in the instructions it says that you need to run the recovery-windows bat file in r5 rookit, I have used the r6 rootkit because my hboot is 0.80 and I cannot find this file.

Someone has told me to flash radio using the rom manager and fake flash method, so I installed the clockworkmod recovery which I entered rebooted and installed rom manager, but when I reboot it just goes into android recovery even if I manually enter recovery of if I try to reboot to recovery with rom manager.

also I get the message cant open e:/cache/recovery/command but it was doing this before I installed clock and rom manager

What am I doing wrong
    Is ther another way to flash radio

Advertisement
  2. KING LUFF

KING LUFF Well-Known Member

You should post this in "all things root"....you'll get a much quicker answer

3. Jason71

Jason71 Well-Known Member

If you do will you post it on You Tube please and put a link here. Thanks

4. Mushhushshu

Mushhushshu Well-Known Member

If youre using fakeflash then it will always boot into android recovery first. You need the fakeflash update.zip on your SDcard, once in android recovery go "recovery" then volume up + power once you get the red exclamation screen, then "apply sdcard: update.zip". As its just the fakeflash update it will then boot into clockwork recovery.
    Assuming youve got the radio update on your sdcard you can then just tell clockwork to apply an update from SD, select from SD, and point it at the radio update.