Help importing phone numbers from gmail (feel like a dummy, probably am)Support

Last Updated:

1. KeyserSoze

KeyserSoze Active Member This Topic's Starter

UPDATE: I knew I was being a dummy! I unsynced gmail contacts yesterday (in accounts settings) trying to get rid of all the email addys. Syncing now... I bet this will help lol.

Sorry guys.

OP......

I am having a fit trying to get my phone numbers from my iphone. Figured out how to sync them to gmail from itunes, they are in my gmail contacts when I view them on my computer, but they don't show up on my Incredible no matter what combo of view options I try. VERY frustrating first day with the incredible.

I spent two different 1 hour visits at the VZ store and they basically said "Sorry, figure it out yourself." :mad:

I have no trouble getting every email address I've ever emailed to pop up in my people list (not sure who wants that, not I) but I cant for the life of me get my 100 or so phone numbers in. About 8 show up (random ones that I may have saved during my brief stint w a Moto Droid now that I think about it) and they show up duplicated too...

Ive reset the phone twice thinking maybe it just doesn't sync contacts very often..... I even selected all of the contacts in my area code (easiest way to select all I could think of) and made a new group but I'm not finding where you can select a group ATM.

Help me please. I can't thank you enough.

Advertisement
  2. redhotlude

redhotlude Member

I assume that you set up or have your g mail account on your incredible? Is g mail set as your primary email? When I transfered mine over I had not set any other email accounts on my phone. I just logged in to my g mail account on my phone and the contacts automatically transfered over. I didn't have to do anything!

3. KeyserSoze

KeyserSoze Active Member This Topic's Starter

Resyncing worked once I dumped my contacts from itunes to gmail. Then I checked "only contacts w phone numbers"

I even got my calendar transferred. Now im a Android ninja!

Thanks.