HELP!! Incredible shutting down and not turning back on!!1Support

Last Updated:

1. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, this is really strange about 3 days ago my Incredible would just randomly turn off (the battery wasn't even close to being an issue.) When I tried to turn the power on the phone would not respond at all. If I take the battery out and put it back in, the phone will boot just fine....This has happened 4 or 5 times in the last 3 days. Additionally today for some other strange reason I was on a call and the phone randomly would end the call. I wasn't hitting the end key on accident I had the phone on speaker, so I am not sure if its a related issue. Can anyone provide some possible insight or solution? Thanks again for any advice, let me know if you have any questions.

Advertisement
  2. atlas310

atlas310 Well-Known Member

When it is working, is it running slow at all? Are you getting a lot of force closes?

3. Bob Dobalina

atlas310 - I am not getting any noticeable issues or force closes....I am a pretty moderate to heavy user of the phone too....However I am so very very careful with dropping, etc. Have had verizon silicone case and full screen protector from day one. I have had the phone since launch and have had no issues like this until a few days ago. All my apps are the common highly rated apps that people run on their Inc no problem and as I mentioned I have never had more 3 or 4 force closes since I have had the phone. Thanks again!!

4. Bob Dobalina

This forum moves fassssssst! No one with this issue?

5. serinety

serinety Active Member

I am having this same issue! and it also Just started a few days ago. I did a factory reset to ensure it was not software related. In fact i was getting a lot force closes because i was installing a ton of apps off the app store.

After the factory reset i was sure that the problem was solved, but nope.. an hour later phone was off and i had to pull the battery to restart it.

have you come up with any fixes?

6. jeffinsalem

jeffinsalem New Member

I too am having the same issue. The only way to get the phone back on is to remove the battery, then install it, then reboot the phone. I took it to a Verizon store and they were zero help. I haven't dropped the phone, and I am only a moderate user. But it is kind of tough to count on the phone for calls, emails, etc. when it blacks out at seeminly random times.

7. serinety

serinety Active Member

i just wanted to update this thread. I received a replacement device about 3 weeks ago and have not had a single shutdown or restart. so i guess it was the phone. I still have the old phone, verizon is really sloppy with their replacement program. I have had verizon for 7 years and with every phone i have had, i usually get 2 to 3 replacements over the course of year and i never send them back. It started accidentally, i forgot to send one back and didnt notice till many months later. After that i decided to try it on purpose and "forget" to return the defective phone. As a result i have a drawer full of phones that kinda work or kinda not. they are worthess to me as they dont have batteries or battery covers, but kinda cool if i ever needed a replacement part lol.

not that any of that is relevant, I just find it strange that they never flag my account for not returning the phones. Makes me wonder who the heck is in charge of that part of the business, cause they fail!

anyway, i have the old phone , im going to put my battery in it and root it, then see if i still have the same reboot issues. Ill use it as a guinea pig phone for new roms and what not.

8. Lunywag

Lunywag New Member

I have the same problem. I have the phone now for four months and the calls end, phone shuts down, can't turn it back on, then....take the battery out and it is back on. I went to the verizon store and they will send me a new phone. They were excellent about it. I think this is not new, because they didn't ask me alot of questions. I have never dropped the phone and took care of it like it was a newborn. It was INCREDIBLE!