Help inside on how to open the back cover to access the SD cardSupport

Last Updated:

1. omiller315

omiller315 Well-Known Member

Am I the only one having issues opening the back? I am a nail biter and tried a few things, but totally fearful of breaking it. Not too happy that it is right where the power button is. I don't want to turn mine on yet until I get a card in and bumped it already. Anyone have the perfect solution? I tried a dime a penny, screwdriver(not much force) and a few others.

Advertisement
    thesssfactor likes this.
  2. Lowbird

Lowbird VIP Member VIP Member

I found this helped.

Sprint EVO 4G LTE remove back cover - YouTube
    thesssfactor and marctronixx like this.
  3. omiller315

WifiMaxed and 3vodroid like this.
  4. Lord Vader

Lord Vader Well-Known Member

I'm among those "others" who mentioned the back top cover doesn't want to stay fully closed. My phone arrived with this cover partially opened, and every time I tried to close it, it popped back open.
    3vodroid likes this.
  5. 3vodroid

3vodroid Well-Known Member

When I was getting my phone activated the woman was trying to "take the battery out"
    Even though I already told her that you couldn't.. She insisted also that the top piece wasn't the part that poped off and continued picking at every corner of my beloved ltevo... It was like nails on chalkboard until I finally said give it to me I'll do it! The cover was off 2 seconds later... Couldn't help but give her the ole' "told you so"
  6. omiller315

I noticed with mine, that I didn't have the cover slid down far enough. I couldn't even charge the phone. Once I slid it down(towards bottom of the phone), it seems to have stayed on. I will know for sure when I remove the temporary gel case when the Otterbox gets here. It was such a small fraction, that I couldn't even tell and was getting annoyed that it wouldn't close.
  7. 3vodroid

3vodroid Well-Known Member

I've hade the back open 3 times now evry time it went right back into place I put the bottom in first then snap it in..try that if your having problems with it not wanting to stay put make sure to put even pressure all around it too so that it properly seats
  8. thesssfactor

thesssfactor Active Member

thanks for the video, i was flipping balls thinking this thing did not have an expandable sd slot. Really was about to return it
  9. Strong

Strong Member

For people without long nails I found that a small paperclip works well. Folded for the back cover and unfolded to get the kick stand out.