1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Help! Installed launcher pro and now I'm lost!

Last Updated:

1. Gareee

Gareee Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I installed it, and of course nothing is on my home screens anymore, and I can't even find instructions for launcher pro. How can I uninstall it, and will that restore my original settings?

(New Droid x owner)

Advertisement
  2. Gareee

Whew! Found out how to uninstall it, and my original settings are still there.

When you install launcher pro, so you have to then go in a set up every single thing on the screen?

3. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

Yep. Here's a trick I usually use for setting up home screens on different launchers. When you install LauncherPro, and you hit the home button, do not select "Use by default for this action." Well, that is until you get your home screens set up on LauncherPro like you want them. That way everytime you hit the home button the "Complete action using" box will pop up with your different launchers. This will allow you to switch back and forth between the different launchers until your home screens are set to your liking.

Since the Droid X isn't running 2.2 yet you can actually still use this app. Home Switcher v1.4 Application for Android | Tools

4. Gareee

I uninstalled it for now.. I'll read up on it more, and then see if I prefer it. I really like the additional multiple home screens.

5. jd32tc

jd32tc Member

Invest the 15 minutes in organizing your homescreens with LauncherPro. It is well worth it. Also jump onto Fede's website at www.launcherpro.com The forums there are very helpful if you have any issues.

6. Gareee

I actually just did. Only downside I can see is when adding items, sometmes there is a delay on the application list.

I'm digging it now!

7. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Well-Known Member

Don't forget to look at changing the dock at the bottom, you can have up to three and have the ability to scroll through them.

I have my most used activities set up there, phone, text, gmail/mail, market, internet, camera, camcorder, music, and photo album. I have a phone dialer in the same spot for each dock so it is always available.

8. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

As much as possible try to add all of your apps to the home screen at the same time. It seems like LP takes a while to load the apps list the first time, but if you go right back to the list for another app it loads faster the second time. I try to do all of my apps in sequence, then all of my widgets.

9. Gareee

Yep, I'm learning the ropes. I already have the bottom dock setup.. main for main uses, like browser, phone, app list, left dock for utilities.. calculator, barcode scanner, n such, and my right dock is for mapping, google earth, and gps applications.

I have one screen full with game shortcuts, one for music utilities and playback apps, and one for socil network type stuff like facebook. I'll see what I use the most, and arrange as needed.

I did notice that when you leave the photo browser, and you need to leave a few seconds for the memory t be cleared. While I didn't have that withg the default launcher, I think the benefits outweigh the issue right now.

10. saintdanbert

saintdanbert Well-Known Member

As a 40+ year veteran of bit slinging, I understand that contemporary tools and methods enable creation of very powerful applications in small amount of calendar time. Is it too much to ask for some sort of end-user oriented document file -- readable on the 'droid -- that talks a new user through "Getting Started" and "Summary of Features" ?

Heavy sigh,
    ~~~ 8d;-{ Dan