Help installing Android 2.2Support

Last Updated:

1. friaxh

friaxh Member This Topic's Starter

I have googled and failed miserable at trying to install android 2.2 on both my phone and my friend's. (Samsung Vibrant - Galaxy S)
    I have no clue what I'm doing.. I'm slightly new to android. But I'm not computer illiterate. I'm not quite sure what rooting is and blah blah blah. I'm sorry :(

I need help doing it. Maybe step by step? From step one.. to getting it running good with 2.2?

If anybody is willing to help me, I'd really appreciate it!!

I'm not sure if it's allowed, but my email is friaxh@gmail.com to make it easier.

Advertisement
  2. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

If you want to install Froyo you'll have to install a custom ROM. There are no factory/carrier ROM's for the Vibrant yet.

I suggest you do some reading from the Vibrant Bible. You'd do well to read up on rooting, ROM's, Odin & ADB just to mention a few things.

[REF]***Vibrant Directory(Bible)Rev2.1--A little color can't hurt--***(10/27/2010)*** - xda-developers

3. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Btw. Vibrant is vibrant. It's not a Galaxy S. Never was, never will be. Mixing up the names will only end up in you screwing up your phone.

4. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

I know it's a bit screwy, but the Vibrant is a Galaxy S phone. I guess you could say it's like cars...you have General Motors, then you have Chevrolet, then you have the Corvette/Camaro/Volt/etc. In the case of our phones, it's Samsung, Galaxy S, then Vibrant/Captivate/Epic/etc.

But you are very much correct in that you can't install a firmware specific to one phone for another. Like trying to put a Corvette engine in a Volt. :D

5. lordmalice

lordmalice Well-Known Member

galax is samsungs line there is also galaxy 5 galaxy s witch is as stated there are 7 galaxy s phones gt i9000 fascinate/mesmerize epic 4g vibrant captivate continuum well technacly six because the mesmerize is just a fascinate with us cellular instead of verizon non of wich have froyo except gti9000 wich actually is a vibrant in some respects